Tuesday 13 May 2014

Serena Williams undecided about Italian Open Defence


 Serena Williams

WORLD NUMBER ONE Serena Williams is undecided whether she will defend her Italian Open title as she continues to recover from a thigh injury.
The American, 32, withdrew ahead of her quarter-final in Madrid last week but has travelled to Rome, where she is due to begin her campaign on Wednesday.
Roger Federer and Novak Djokovic will play in Rome after missing Madrid.
"I'm taking it a day at a time, we'll see as the week goes on," said 17-time Grand Slam champion Williams.
"I'll see how I feel [on Tuesday]. I hit some balls today a little bit so I'm going to see later tonight how it feels."
Williams has a bye in the first round and is scheduled to open against Germany's Andrea Petkovic in the second round.
Twelfth seed Grigor Dimitrov was among the first-round winners on Monday, along with 11th seed Ana Ivanovic and Venus Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment